The Bush Bundle (The Bush Bundle) is committed to the protection and management of your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
In this Privacy Police (Policy), “we”, “us”, and “our” means The Bush Bundle.
1. What personal information do we collect and hold?
In this Policy, “personal information” means any information, or opinion, about an identified individual or an individual that is reasonably identifiable in the circumstances. Personal information may include, for example, an individual’s name, address, phone number and date of birth.
Personal information also includes types of information classified as “sensitive information”, which include (for example) information about an individual’s health, their religious beliefs or their racial or ethnic origin.
We collect personal information about you that is reasonably necessary for us to provide our services, which may include (but is not limited to):
- Your full name and date of birth;
- Your contact details such as telephone number, email address and residential address;
- Information about your interest in participating in our events;
- Information about your family circumstances;
- Information about your physical and mental wellbeing; (f) details about financial or other support you provide to us;
- IP address, device identifiers and information:
- About how you use http://www.thebushbundle.org (the Website) including the date and time of your visit and what pages you accessed or information you downloaded (we may use web analytics services to do this); and
- From your computer or device to allow us to analyse trends, administer the Website, track your web navigation and gather broad demographic information for our statistical and reporting purposes,
- If you are an individual contractor to The Bush Bundle or are seeking employment by The Bush Bundle, information relevant to your engagement including qualifications, resume, pay rate and salary, bank details, feedback from referees and training records;
- In the case of suppliers of products and services (and their staff), your name, position, street address, email address, and telephone number; and
- Any other personal information that you provide to us.
2. Why we collect and use your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information for purposes connected with our operations.
Some specific purposed for which we may use your personal information include:
- Conducting our networking events;
- Providing our group meeting support services;
- Providing our other events, services, and information resources to you;
- Publishing your information, with your approval, in a story for an event or publication;
- Organising and conducting fundraising initiatives for the benefit of The Bush Bundle;
- Verifying your identity (for example, if you request access to the personal information that we hold about you);
- Responding to your questions, comments and complaints;
- Obtaining payment for our events and services;
- Receiving donations from you;
- Analysing and developing the events and services we provide;
- Direct marketing to you;
- Otherwise communicating with you, including by email, telephone and mail;
- Considering you for a position at The Bush Bundle (whether as an employee, contractor, director or volunteer) or another relationship with The Bush Bundle;
- To provide goods or services to you or to receive goods or services from you; and
- Complying with laws, regulations and any directions given by regulators or government authorities.
If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the information or services you require.
We may contact you regarding any of the above, including via electronic messages such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
We may also use or disclose your personal information for our administrative, planning, produce or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes and for other purposes to which you have consented.
3. How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from you in a number of ways including when you:
- Access and use the Website;
- Apply to work with The Bush Bundle or are engaged by The Bush Bundle as a contractor, director or volunteer;
- Sign up to receive news and information about our activities or events;
- Donate to us, including via a third party platform;
- Request information or material from us;
- Communicate with us by email, by telephone, in person, via the Website, via our social media pages or otherwise; or
- Provide goods or services to us.
We may also collect your personal information from:
- Publicly available sources such as posts to social media sites;
- Commercially available sources;
- Your referees during the recruitment process if you apply for a position with us; or
- Our service providers whom we engage to assist us with our activities.
We may also use the following technologies to collect technical information:
- Cookies, which are data files that are placed on your devide and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org;
- Log files, which track actions occurring on the Website; and
- Web beacons, tags and pixels, which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
4. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described above.
This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- Our service provides who assist us with our activities, for example IT service providers, market researchers, marketing and promotion agencies, insurers and professional advisors;
- Third parties with whom we have arrangements for the purpose of promoting our business, for example marketing agencies and companies who may use your personal information to tailor electronic advertising to you (e.g. on a webpage or social media platform) in relation to our products and services;
- Any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
- in the unlikely event that we or our assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- any other person as authorised or permitted by law, or in order for us to protect our rights.
If we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose of disclosure and in a manner consistent with applicable laws. For example, where commercially practical we will include suitable privacy and confidentiality clauses in our agreement with a third party service provider.
- Direct marketing communications We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you, via direct mail, email, SMS, MMS, targeted digital advertising or phone calls (or any other means of marketing communication), where:
- you have consented to us doing so; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law. You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided in the direct marketing communications.
- Overseas disclosure We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, such as to service providers located overseas. Such overseas recipients may be located in a range of different countries. Except where an exception applies under the Privacy Act or other relevant legislation, we will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients to whom we disclose your personal information do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles stated in the Privacy Act in relation to such information.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect about you is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However:
- as the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee the security of transmission of personal information you disclose to us online. Accordingly, you transmit your personal information to us online at your own risk; and
- except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, modification of, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information.
Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
When we are no longer required to retain your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to delete your personal information from our systems or de- identify it (unless otherwise required by law).
8. How to access and correct your personal information held by The Bush Bundle
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. We will provide access to that information in accordance with any applicable obligation under the Privacy Act, subject to any exemptions that may apply. We may charge an administration fee for providing access in limited circumstances.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it by contacting us.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before allowing you to access or make corrections to the personal information we hold about you.
9. Links to third party websites
The Website may from time to time contain links to information and resources on third party websites. We do not have control over and are not responsible for the conduct of the third parties that operate these websites. We recommend that you review the relevant third parties’ privacy policies and privacy collection statements if you have any concerns.
10. How to get in touch with us
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our collection, use, disclosure or management of your personal information, please contact us in writing using the contact details below.
We will make inquiries and your complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome, we will advise you about further options including, if appropriate, review by the Privacy Commissioner within the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Our contact details for privacy matters are:
Via the Website: https://thebushbundle.org/contact/
Where applicable, we will rely on the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and any other applicable exemptions in the Privacy Act or other legislation.